Forgot your Hotmail password for the 985th time?. How will you get it back? It could have been so easy if you had the phone with you. However, if you don’t have phone also, your email associated with the account will help you out to recover your account.
We will show you the process of resetting the Hotmail password even without your alternative phone number.
- Open the password reset page: Go to the password reset page of Hotmail in your Browser.
- Check the "I forgot my password" box: Then, you have to check the box “I forgot my password” which is at the top of the page. Click Next present at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address: Type in the Hotmail, Outlook email address for the one you want to reset the password.
- Enter the verification code: You have to type the code that is in the box present below the text field email address near the bottom of the page.You can also click on new to reset the code.The letters and the numbers in the code box are case-sensitive.Click next.
- Select the account reset option: click on the email on this page. If you are not having a Hotmail Password reset phone number, you will just see an email here.
- Enter your email address: Type in your email address below the option of email.Click on send code: This is a blue button present at the bottom of the page. This will send a recovery code to your email address.
- Retrieve the recovery code: To do so, you have to open the recovery email address and select the email from the Microsoft account team and note down the code that is next to the “Security code” heading.
- Enter the recovery code: You have to type the code in the text field in the center of the page and then click Next. If your code matches the one you have received, you will be taken to the page where you can reset the password.
- Enter a new password: You have to now type your new password and re-type it to confirm. After that, click Next.
- Click Next when prompted: This will take you back to the sign-in page where you will be able to sign in to your account by using your new password.